Senin, 25 Februari 2008

This is my home - a tent at my backyard

This is some to wrote on the April 09, 2007...... itis just a relfection of one part of my life. there are still others...

This is my home - a tent at my backyard. it cost only Rp.460.000. it fits two people. it is better than home it is portable and it is weather proof. i don't know if it can battle against the rain or a blizzard or even a strong wind. i bought it a day after i was paid working for an international NGO named VSO, a NGO concerning food sovereignty. they pay me rp300.000 a day for 5 days. ever since i bought this tent i have never slept in my own room. since Ramadan i have never slept in my own room, i always sleep in the the living room or in the Musola at the back of my home. this is a start to have a independent life. we must use the things that are round us and utilize the things that are not used. the only thing the back yard is used for is gardening and now i will make it my room in sleeping here as many nights as possible.

why would i choose the sleep in a tent outside than to sleep in my room?
this is a basic and straight forward answer it is to feel how are the victims of the Jogja earthquake is living in a tent. the important thing is that this will make me more appreciate the my home, my room and the place i live in.

what happens if it rains?
if it rain then i will understand the suffering that the victims of the earth quake are feeling. i will feel the cold, i will feel the rain, i will feel also sick that people are sleeping in a nice warm house, where are some part of society in pain. there need to changes. if you are not the victims then you dont understand.

can you live in a house that is still in dept?
i bought this tent with my own money, i paid it cash. it is a honest pay for four day work. the place i sleep is a reflection of my financial position. i can only buy a tent so i buy a tent, if a could by a house i will by a house if i could by a gubuk then i will buy a gubuk. but if i have to purchase it credit then this is a part of dishonesty because actually i cant buy it but then i buy it with credit. other people will see me with a new house, they will think i am rich but actually i am rich in dept. they dont know that this house is purchase by credit. which one is more respected a man that buy a house on credit but cannot pay the debt or a person who buys a tent in cash? the person who buys a tent in cash is the one telling the truth to society, people would not consider he is rich, the opinion of society is formed by the material possession. they do not consider whether it is cash or credit, they just know they have a big house or a small tent.

Hello my name is Mujiburrahman and I am from Jogjakarta

I try to make a difference in society by being different, by being unique by being myself.
if you say who am i?

i can say i am a student from FH UGM and FE UII, i can say im a debater, and adjudicator, a high school debating trainer, or you can say i am a friend of a friend, a lover, a leader, a class friend, a reader, a writer, a biker, a hiker, a camper, a public speaker, a brother, a son. this list can go for ever. each person is unique in each way, the best way to be self is to understand who you are, what you want to be and not what other people want you to be.

my life is about being responsible for my actions
my life is about making choices and facing the consequences
my life is about what is important and what is not
my life is about helping other that are in need
my life is about being independent
my life is not buying any new clothing to follow the fashion and trends
my life is try to be simple
my life is try to fast one day and not the other
my life is about honest to your self
my life is about the last ten days of Ramadan in the mosque
my life is not buying new clothing for idul fitri
my life i try not to think a birthday is important.
my is trying be more than you can be
my life is trying to break the limit of your self capabilities
my life is trying to be the best i can be
my life is not about winning or loosing but it is about learning
my life is now a tent at my back yard
my life is about having dreams and die trying to reach them
my life is praying for my self and for others

that is basic part of me, there are more, and many other problems being faced and ways i tried to solve them. i am not the best of humans but i hope that people are can learn from my mistakes.

1 komentar:

dee mengatakan...

enak ya..
punya rumah yg bisa dibawa kemana-mana...
tapi ketoe ada yg kurang jib,
perlu dilengkapi dg WC portable nya juga....
hehehe...
*kabuuuuuuur*