Selasa, 15 Januari 2008

My stiring wheel - My dream - My direction..



it started when i was i child..



it started when i was playing in the back yard of Pak Suwono.. English Lecture in UNESA.. he studied his PhD in Australia



his back yard... filled with all sort of VW beetles.. owned by Mr Josh...



from the really good VW to the malfunctioning ones.. there was 20 and more cars



all sorts of colors.. all sorts of years.. .. . . . it was the first time i new that a VW even existed..



after a while... as i started to enter to junior high.. i meet with om Agi.. he is from jakarta..



he bought a VW superbeetle... ivory color.. white.. and a classical look.. i like it..



i like the price as well... 1000 australian dollar...



at junior high... i discussed one of my dreams with my friend called tim



It was about buying a VW convertible (red or yellow) and driving around western australia... the interior should be a cow skin design black and white..



it was i dream.. and it stayed that way..



after entering to indonesia.. and living in jambu sari.. one of my neighbours wanted to sell a Black VW beetle for only IDR 10.000.000,- .



At that time my father wanted to buy it for me.. but he just did not have the support..



we only had one car port.. and at the time i did not know how to drive a car.. and i was still too young.. so we had to reject that offer..



close but no cigar..



it was six years later.. i had a steady job.. adaquate salary of IDR 3.5 million



and a chirsmas bonus



and having the basic knowledge and skills to drive a car..

i started to look around..

in the newspapers.. on the ther internet..

made some phone calls and some sms..

search for vw in jakarta, bekasi, bandung, semarang dan jogja...

looking at prices.. looking at the model..

reading up the history at wikipedia and any other materials on VW beetle..

on the local news paper... an advertisement..

1973 VW beetle power steering, air conditioner, the mesin and body good condition..

i did not directly contacted and responded to the ad..

i waited a week.. and searh around.. keeping my options opened..

after a week has passed i sms the owner.. and said i was interested.. i asked how is the overall conditions and how much would it cost.. and whether the price can be negotiated?

he replied.. the overall condition is good,but it is better if i directly see it.. the price was IDR 27 million but since i am desperate.. i would sell it to you for IDR 21 million..

i told this to my dad and he said.. how much money do you have and the rest i will help you..

i could manage 10 million in cash and if i sell my motor there would be another 5 million.. so i would have about 15 million at the end of the year...

oke just call the owner and we see the vw and negotiated the price..

the first impression last.. i knew at an instance that i would be the next owner of the VW..

i knew this was mine... i could even imagine my self driving the vw.. even if i didnot have a drivers liscence..

the negotiated price was IDR 20,5 million

deal...

my blood sweat and tears..

my dream which had accompanied me thourout the years

my reality is some what near

that my life is taking chances and that i have nothing to fear...

since a child and up until now.. one of my dreams has come true..

maybe not yellow or red.. but actually its blue

that is my story for you

1 komentar:

dee mengatakan...

"one of my dreams has come true.."

mobil impian selanjutnya adalah jaguar.......dan pickup dua kabin yg keren dan mahal...sip...sip...
hehehehehe :p